Lubbock Car Accident Attorney
Have you been injured in a car crash or trucking accident? If the accident was due to the negligence of another, you should call a Lubbock car accident attorney at our firm immediately. At the Hogan Law Firm we make sure to give each and every client the best legal representation possible in order to get the best outcome possible in his or her case. After a truck or auto accident caused by a negligent party, you are legally entitled to financial compensation for injuries and/or property damage, especially in a case involving wrongful death. Sometimes injuries due to a car accident aren’t immediately apparent but could cause you pain and suffering for years afterward. Having a Lubbock car accident attorney looking out for your best interests is crucial when injuries could result in lost wages or earning potential.
We have helped clients in Lubbock and all over west Texas and eastern New Mexico; we may be able to help you or someone you care about who has been injured in a wreck or accident due to the negligence of another.
How a Lubbock Car Accident Attorney May Help
Commercial trucking accidents as well as auto accidents have become increasingly more frequent in the state of Texas. The causes of accidents range from speeding, reckless driving and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol to improper vehicle maintenance, poorly maintained roads and highways and mechanical defects. If any of these are the cause of an auto or truck wreck involving injury that you have been in, you deserve to have a personal injury attorney on your side with the experience and diligence to get results. A lawyer at our firm develops a strong strategy to make sure you get the compensation you deserve for pain, suffering and property damages.
What To Do If You Are in an Accident
- Stay calm, do not leave the scene of an accident.
- Call the police and/or emergency medical services if someone is injured.
- If the police will not come to the scene, make a police report as soon as possible with the local police department of the city where the accident occurred.
- Never let the other driver talk you out of calling the authorities!
- Get the following information from the other driver(s) involved in the collision: name, address, phone number, driver’s license number, license plate number, and insurance information including policy number and number for the claims department.
- Seek out anyone nearby who may have witnessed the collision, and get their names, addresses and phone numbers.
- If the vehicle is owned by someone other than the driver, get the name, address and phone number of the owner.
- Do not give a statement to anyone other than the police about how the accident happened.
- If you have been injured, contact our office to make certain your legal rights are preserved. We will provide you with a free consultation and advise you of your options. This should be done promptly, as you only have a certain amount of time to make claims, and witnesses and evidence may fade with time.
Despite increased federal safety regulations and the number of gated rail crossings, there are still many train accidents and wrecks in the state of Texas. Railroad litigation can be very complex due to the federal regulations and other issues surrounding train accident cases. Although railroad regulation and an increase in the number of gated railroad crossings has improved safety, the increased rail congestion resulting from higher fuel prices, and the thousands of crossings still left without lights and gates has led to increased danger of collisions with trains and derailment. Hundreds are killed and many thousands injured each year in collisions with trains, and the railroads have repeatedly failed to make simple safety improvements that could save lives. While the installation of lights and gates at crossings has generally made crossings safer, more than half of the 16,000+ railroad crossings in Texas still have no lights or gates, and lights and gates which do exist, like other man-made devices, can sometimes fail.
Injury cases involving rail carriers can be very complex, due to the tangled web of federal regulation, industry standards, and federal pre-emption law which must be sorted out to evaluate the merits of a case, and to determine the remedies available.
Few attorneys are qualified to handle the complexity of a railroad case. The Hogan Law Firm has devoted a significant portion of its practice to handling railroad grade crossing cases, and other rail safety matters. Please call us today for a free consultation.